I’m a standup comedian based in New York City and I’ve been doing standup for over 20 years. I was born and raised in Buffalo NY, and now my wife and I live in Rockland County NY with our cat, a dog, and a baby girl. Not to mention my wife’s mom and her boyfriend also live with us. Yes, pretty brutal. 😉
My material is mostly clean, which leads me to a lot of corporate gigs and private shows where no profanity is allowed. I also headline comedy clubs all over the world where anything goes. I’ve been on TV a number of times, highlighted by appearances on The Late Show with David Letterman and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I was also on Star Search but that was pretty lame. The other two shows were really fun and awesome experiences. Clips of those appearances are on my videos page and here’s the link to that video.
The topics I talk about change all the time of course but lately I seem to be focusing on my marriage, fatherhood, technology / social networking and just everyday things that I get obsessed with.
The questions I seem to get most are:
- “Do you write your own material?” Yes, I do… almost every single comedian you might see today is doing material they created on their own. There is some inevitable overlap but I can tell you that it’s almost always unintentional and nearly every comic working today strives to be as original as possible.
- “What does your wife think about you traveling all the time?” I don’t travel excessively, maybe two weekends a month on average. I work in and around New York City as much as possible. Plus, my wife works from home for her job so we are not lacking in ‘together time’. Trust me, I’m sure she’s happy when I take off for a few days here and there.
- “Do you do this full-time?” Yes I do. I’m fortunate enough to have been able to put enough time in and get to a point where this is my full-time career and has been for over ten years.
- “Do you have an agent?” No I don’t. I am doing all of my bookings on my own. I work for several agents, talent bookers and event coordinators of all kinds, but at this time I’m a completely independent entity.
- “How can I support you financially?” Ok I don’t ever get this question but besides hiring me to do standup, you could buy my latest comedy CD entitled “More Mr. Nice Guy” available on iTunes also.